Thursday, January 20, 2011

Capella and Inn at Lost Creek in Telluride to Close

Almost exactly 1 year ago to the date, I boarded a plane from Bozeman to Montrose, Colorado to check out the brand new Capella Telluride. I immediately fell in love with the staff, the large spacious rooms, the cozy mountain village and convenient access to the slopes. When Capella came to the scene, they also took over the management of the Inn at Lost Creek which I have used for clients for years. It had a much more mountain chalet feel than the new modern look of Capella. Truly between the two, there was something for everyone.

Now, 1 year later, I have learned they are both shutting their doors and advising clients that they will not be honoring any reservations beyond January 31st.

As there are no options quite like these two, I'm sure many are scrambling to figure out alternatives or cancelling their vacations altogether. If you need any advice in this area, please send me a note and I would be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Here's the link to the article in USA Today.
http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/post/2011/01/telluride-cappella-hotel-closure/139028/1

No comments: